If you're planning a holiday abroad, it's well worth hiring a car. Having a Hertz hire car available throughout your stay will increase your independence and broaden your experience of your chosen destination, leaving you with some great memories.
Even if you don't intend to travel very far once you're at your hotel, hiring a car makes things a lot easier. When you go shopping you can park up and enjoy some retail therapy, then return to your hire car to lock your purchases in the boot so you don't have to carry heavy bags around all day. Hiring a Hertz car couldn't be easier, especially with online booking facilities.
Here are some more great benefits to hiring a car when you're on holiday:
- Hiring a car gives you a great sense of freedom. You can go where you want, when you want. If you should suddenly wake up and decide to go off somewhere for the day, you can do so without having to worry about public transport timetables. If you want to change your plans because you fancy a lie-in, or the weather isn't up to par for the trip that you have planned, you can do so easily if you have a hire car, whereas if you're relying on pre-booked coaches for your day trips, you may not be able to change your bookings.
- One of the best things about hiring a car is that you can break up your holiday by travelling to different places, and even spend a night or two in a different city without any hassle. Once you've set out in your Hertz hire car, you can stop if you see somewhere that you'd like to visit as you pass by. On official trips this wouldn't be possible, and you would have to make do with taking a photo through a coach window.
- The convenience of a hire car means you won't waste precious time waiting around for public transport. This can be especially uncomfortable if the weather is bad or sweltering hot. There's a lot to be said for keeping to your own schedule, and not having to squeeze in with strangers.
- Sometimes travelling with young children can be a challenge. Hiring a car makes things a bit easier for everyone involved. Children often require more breaks than adults, and if you're travelling in a hire car, you'll be able to stop for bathroom breaks, a bite to eat or to stretch little legs as and when the need arises. If you have very young children, you'll also have peace of mind from knowing that they are sitting in child car seats, which you won't find on public transport. Keeping children entertained is also easier when it's just you and your family, as you can play singing games or let them use their portable games consoles without other people being disturbed.
- A comfortable trip is always more enjoyable. When you hire a car you have the freedom to enjoy CDs or the radio and have conversations, while passengers can kick off their shoes. Cushions for your back can be easily packed in the boot, and you can keep snacks, drinks, books and anything else you may want to hand in the hire car. It also means that if the weather looks unsettled, you can take coats with you without having to carry them around if they're not needed.
- Hiring a car can work out a lot cheaper than using other forms of transport, especially when the cost is shared. It beats having to pay for every sightseeing tour you take before you even reach your destination, or using your spending money for train or taxi fares.
- Exploring a new country is part of the fun of travelling abroad, and if you use a hire car, you may come across some great places that you wouldn't have otherwise encountered. When holidaying in Europe, you can even cross the border into another country for a sightseeing trip for example, you can use your Nice hire car to drive from France into Italy to go shopping in Milan - but remember, you'll need to have your passport and documents with you.
- If you go out at night or you're returning from your day trip after dark, you won't have to wait around in an unknown area for a taxi if you have a hire car.
- You can build up a beautiful selection of scenic photographs along the way, by stopping your hire car somewhere safe to capture the perfect shot of the surrounding landscape.