Andalusia, Spain’s southernmost region, boasts a rich history that includes Roman and Moorish rule, as well as stunning landscapes. It’s also one of the warmest places in Europe where even in the winter daytime temperatures can reach 20-25oC. There’s lots to see so we’ve pulled together the highlights of the region in a five day loop
Day 1: Malaga
Malaga is an ideal starting point, especially if you’re flying in to Andalusia. Most European airlines service Spain’s fourth-busiest airport, and it’s easy to rent a car on arrival. Admire the works of one of Malaga’s most famous sons in the Picasso Museum visit Alcazaba fortress, or just relax and soak up Costa del Sol’s leisurely atmosphere.
Day 2: Seville
From Malaga, it’s 150 km / 93 miles to Andalusia’s capital. Seville isn’t just home to the Alcazar – must-see sights also include the city’s cathedral and Torre del Oro (the ‘Golden Tower’). At the end of the day, don’t forget to enjoy tapas and join in the fun at La Casa del Flamenco!
Day 3: Cordoba
Located 200 km / 125 miles northeast to Seville, this ancient Roman city and historic capital of Islamic Spain is home to yet another breathtaking work of architecture: the Mezquita, an 8th century mosque converted into a cathedral, is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Do also take a tour of Cordoba’s old Jewish and Muslim quarters and enjoy the city’s bars and restaurants near Plaza de las Tendillas!
Day 4: Granada
A trip to Andalusia wouldn’t be complete without a tour of Alhambra. The castle-fortress complex – a city in itself – combines secret gardens, sparkling fountains, and architectural features from the Moorish reign to the early 20th century. But there’s more to Granada than the Alhambra: you can explore more historical and architectural marvels at Palacios Nazaries and the Basilica San Juan de Dios, and head down to Plaza Nueva to explore the city’s dining scene.
Day 5: Sierra Nevada National Park
After exploring Andalusia’s man-made wonders, take some time to savour the region’s natural beauty. Granada is at the foothills of Sierra Nevada National Park, home to cragged mountains, pine mountains, and green valleys – ideal to explore by car. Or, if you have an extra day or two, why not plan in some hiking?
From the western side of Sierra Nevada National Park it’s a two hour drive back to Malaga, bringing an end to your Andalusian adventure!
Follow and answer the question to Win:
For your chance to win a free rental day voucher, enter either via Facebook or Twitter.
Comment on our Facebook post with an answer to the following question: Which famous artist was born in Malaga?
Retweet for a chance to win a free rental day voucher.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is available in the following markets: UK, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Spain and Italy and there will be one winner of a free voucher for a rental day in eachmarket
- Free voucher includes the Rental Rate, CDW, TP and Unlimited Mileage for a day’s rental. Your rental charges will be adjusted at the rental station on presentation of this voucher
- Prize draw takes place on the 11th December 2015 and Hertz will make all reasonable attempts to contact the winner. If the winner does not confirm prize acceptance after three (3) days, or if there is insufficient information supplied to contact the winner, the prize will be forfeited
- The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Voucher applies to Compact car groups and above on Hertz’ Daily and Weekly Inclusive’ non prepaid retail rates for rentals of 2 days or more. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance
- Voucher can be used at participating locations in Europe, the USA and Canada and may not apply to domestic rentals in certain countries
- Voucher may not be combined with a CDP number and the relevant PC number must be quoted at booking ( EU rentals: 129710, US rentals: 130572)
- Voucher must be surrendered prior to or at end of rental, Hertz will adjust charges and apply the Free Day if this voucher is redeemed as required
- All rentals are subject to Hertz’ standard terms and conditions
- The promotion runs from 19th November 2015 until the 11th December 2015.
- The prize draw is open to persons over the age of 21
- No cash alternative is offered and the prize cannot be sold
- To be eligible for the draw, online customers must enter using the #HertzDrives
- By entering the competition, permission is granted for Hertz Europe to use images uploaded on social media platforms for promotional purposes only
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Twitter.
- Hertz reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in this promotion subsequent to any such revision of these terms and conditions entrants shall be deemed to have been agreed to any such new or amended terms
-PC code can not be used on one way rentals
- Promoter: Hertz Europe Limited, based at Hertz House, 11 Vine Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1QE, United Kingdom. This promotion is subject to English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts